Recruitment isn’t always easy. It can take months to find the perfect employee at times. When you need to fill temp positions, there are some things you can do to make your job easier.
1. Reach out to colleges and universities. Universities and colleges often have a job board dedicated to employment positions for students. You can offer students and non-students internships and temporary positions. Many college students are looking to gain experience and build relationships.
2. Get in touch with your network. Reach out to fellow colleagues, friends, family, and acquaintances. Let them know you’re looking to hire, and to send along anyone they feel would be a good fit for your company.
3. Send word out you’re hiring. You can do this through a press release, alerting favorite websites and blogs, and let the public know you’re looking to fill positions.
4. Post a job ad. There are numerous places you can fill short-term work and seasonal needs. Job board ads and websites are great places to attract applicants. It’s relatively quick and easy to create a job post. After that, you can sit back and choose the most promising candidates for an interview.
5. Use search engines. There’s no doubt the internet is a useful tool. It’s a great way to connect with people. There are many websites, blogs, and job boards dedicated to helping you fill temporary positions. Take advantage of them.
Do you have any recruitment tips you’ve found most helpful for your company?